Walnut crew neck t-shirt with PORTISHEAD printed inside in Black, 100% Organic cotton.
Children don’t start wars. But their homes, schools, families and communities are torn apart by war. These are the very things kids rely on for protection and the chance to build a life free from poverty. War Child is an international charity that protects children from the brutal effects of war and its consequences. War Child works in many conflict zones including Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic and Uganda.
War Child are on the ground – supporting the most vulnerable children that are too often forgotten in the aftermath of conflict. War Child staff are living and working in some of the world’s most dangerous war zones helping thousands of children to rebuild their lives.
War Child provides a number of services for children including:
- Getting children back into school or informal education
- Counselling children to help them come to terms with the violence they have experienced
- Providing legal aid for children who have been detained in prison
- Reuniting child soldiers with their familes
- Getting children off the streets after war has forced them to leave home
- Providing them vocational and professional training which gives them future opportunities
- Ensuring children get access to food
- Changing harmful attitudes in the community towards children